What did Jesus do for the 40 days after his resurrection?
— N.G. DEAR N.G.: The Bible clearly states that after His resurrection Jesus repeatedly appeared to His disciples over a period of 40 days, and then miraculously ascended into the presence of God. The Bible says, “He was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight” (Acts 1:9).
How did Jesus feel about John the Baptist?
What Jesus said about John the ‘Baptist to His disciples.
Jesus said that John the Baptist was the greatest Prophet. He said that John’s mission had been prophesied in the scriptures. That John was a messenger/His forerunner. John lived in the wilderness.
What miracles did Jesus perform after his resurrection?
- Healing the mother of Peter’s wife.
- Healing the deaf mute of Decapolis.
- Healing the blind at birth.
- Healing the Paralytic at Bethesda.
- The Blind Man of Bethsaida.
- The Blind man Bartimaeus in Jericho.
- Healing the Centurion’s servant.
- Christ healing an infirm woman.
How many times did Jesus appear after his resurrection?
Matthew has two post-resurrection appearances, the first to Mary Magdalene and “the other Mary” at the tomb, and the second, based on Mark 16:7, to all the disciples on a mountain in Galilee, where Jesus claims authority over heaven and Earth and commissions the disciples to preach the gospel to the whole world.
Did John the Baptist follow Jesus?
There is no biblical evidence indicating that John the Baptist ever became a disciple of Jesus, even though it seems he had plenty of time to do so. In fact, to this day, a community of disciples of John the Baptist still exists in the Middle East.
What were Jesus miracles in order?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
What did Jesus miracles accomplish?
What do Jesus’ miracles accomplish? … They reveal that because he is God, Jesus has the power to forgive sins. 4. Miracles reveal his identity as God’s only son, the Savior and the Messiah.