What are the first ten words of the Bible?
- I am the LORD thy God.
- No other gods before me.
- No graven images or likenesses.
- Not take the LORD’s name in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day.
- Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
What are some words from the Bible?
11 Words from the Bible
- Red-letter. Illuminated page from a Gutenberg Bible. …
- Nimrod. Nimrod was a mighty hunter before the Lord, and also before Gustave Doré. …
- Wine bottles. Nebuchadnezzar II, somewhat the worse for wear after drinking a ‘nebuchadnezzar’ …
- Golden calf. …
- Begats. …
- Scapegoat. …
- Talent. …
What are the 10 sections of the Bible?
The major divisions of the old and new testament
- Law books / Torah / pentateuch.
- Historical books.
- Poetic books.
- Prophetic books.
- The Gospels / Biographical books.
- Epistles / letters.
What is the first 3 words of the Bible?
The first three words in the Bible are “Bareishit Bara elohim”, written in Hebrew biblical language, translated as “in the beginning God created” into English literature.
What are the 10 Commandments in order list?
The ten commandments, in order, are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
- “Honor thy father and mother.”
- “Thou shalt not kill.”
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
What are good words in the Bible?
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. So we do not lose heart. …
- 1 Peter 5:7. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. …
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14.
What is the hardest word in the Bible?
What are the 5 parts of the Bible?
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
What are the 8 sections of the Bible?
Terms in this set (8)
- Section #1 The Law. Genesis-Deuteronomy.
- Section #2 – History. Joshua-Esther.
- Section #3 – Poetry. Job-Song of Solomon.
- Section#4 – Prophecy. Isaiah-Malachi.
- Section#5 – Gospels. Matthew – John.
- Section#6 – History. Acts.
- Section #7 – Epistles. Romans-Jude.
- Section #8 – Prophecy. Revelation.