If you are retired then this page is for you – to inspire your walk with God, to provide information about activities and where to get advice.
Church Based Activities that might interest you:
Seated Exercise Class – this class is running again and meets most Monday mornings at 11,30am for about 45 minutes of gently exercise. At present we are not able to have lunch after the session but we hope to start this again in September.
There are a few vacancies so if you are interested please contact Sue at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore Together – an all age, all ability Bible Study takes place on the first Saturday of each month at 11am and lasts one hour.
Help for your walk with God
- Daily Hope: a free phone service run by the Church of England- you can listen to prayers, hymns and daily devotions and more – 0800 804 8044
- Christian Audio Books – you can download a free audiobook every month and take out a subscription service to access more books.
- Do you care for someone with dementia? This book may be of interest:
Worshiping with Dementia – meditations, scriptures and prayers for sufferers and carers. Editor – Louise Morse
- Diocese of Oxford – have various resources for older people see:
Other things that might interest you:
- Generation Games – provide online exercise activities
- Community Links Newsletter – the spring/ summer edition of this booklet produced by Age Concern is now out – you can access it online or you can request a free copy to be sent to you. It is packed full of information about clubs and activities and where to get help.
Phone: 01295 849 434
- Turn2Us – is a charity that specialises in helping older people access benefits and fill in forms
Contact them on: 0808 802 2000
(last update 06.07.21)