If you are retired then this page is for you – to inspire your walk with God, to provide information about activities and where to get advice.
Church Based Activities that might interest you:
Seated Exercise Class – I am hoping to restart this on Monday 17th May, 11.30am. This group is dementia friendly and there are 3 vacancies at present – if you would like to register for a place contact Sue at: email@example.com
Explore Together – an all age, all ability Bible Study start again on Saturday June 3rd – refreshments served from 10. 30am, study starts at 11am and lasts one hour.
Memorial Service to commemorate all who have died during the pandemic – Sunday July 11th 6pm.
Community Tea Party – 3pm Saturday 31st July
Help for your walk with God
- Do you care for someone with dementia? This book may be of interest:
Worshiping with Dementia – meditations, scriptures and prayers for sufferers and carers. Editor – Louise Morse
- Diocese of Oxford – have various resources for older people see:
Other things that might interest you:
- Alzheimer’s Research UK event- Thursday 17 June 2021
A free, open to all, virtual event which will go behind the scenes at Dementia research labs in Oxford and Reading. To book a place click on the link here – Alzheimer’s Research UK event
- Generation Games – provide online exercise activities
- Community Links Newsletter – the spring/ summer edition of this booklet produced by Age Concern is now out – you can access it online or you can request a free copy to be sent to you. It is packed full of information about clubs and activities and where to get help.
Phone: 01295 849 434
- Do you like reading? Want to join a virtual reading club? The Royal Literary Fund Reading Round Project runs a group where an author reads a short story and poem and leads a discussion. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org