At Home with God Family Devotions podcasts
7-8 minute audio devotions with a downloadable activity workbook that will help families:
- Discuss the podcast in more detail
- Go deeper into the Bible
- Act on what they have heard
- Enjoy related activities
Quick Dip Activities – take about 5-10 minutes each.
Each activity has 3 parts
- Find a Bible – if possible one suitable for your age children
- Find a time when the whole family is together
- Choose one activity
- Encourage everyone to take part – but respect a person’s wish not to
- Remember that you are learning together as a family – no one has all the answers, every ones opinions are valid – no matter how old or how young.
Activity 1: God is… Elohim – Strong Creator
- Read – Genesis 1: 1-3
- Think/Talk about – God ‘spoke’ creation – wow! Think of something amazing God has made
- Pray – Read Isaiah 40:28 and thank God for his wonderful creation
Activity 2: Understanding Bible Words – the greatest Commandment
- Read – Matthew 22:27-39
- Think/talk about – What is a ‘command’? Why do you think these are the greatest commandments?
- Pray – Ask God to help you love him and others in this way.
Activity 3: Understanding the Lord’s Prayer
- Read – Matthew 6 verses 9-13 focus on ‘Your kingdom come’
- Think/talk about – What does it mean to ask for God’s kingdom to come – in our lives and in other’s lives?
- Pray – That God would help you make him King of your life and thank him for the promise of a perfect kingdom in heaven
(last update 21.09.20)
Disclaimer: St Leonard’s takes no responsibility for the consequences of following advice given directly or indirectly on these pages. Parents are responsible for determining the suitability of any activities for their children. Information in links will take different theological viewpoints and are not necessarily Anglican in outlook.