Pentecost Sunday was 23rd May – look at the Children’s page for some activities and links to YouTube clips to help explain this festival.
Parenting for Faith’s new slimline book, Babies and Toddlers: Nurturing your child’s spiritual life by Rachel Turner, helps you go on this journey and support those in your church and community to do the same.
Quick Dip Activities for families to do together – take about 5-10 minutes each.
Each activity has 3 parts
- Find a Bible – if possible one suitable for your age children
- Find a time when the whole family is together
- Choose one activity
- Encourage everyone to take part – but respect a person’s wish not to
- Remember that you are learning together as a family – no one has all the answers, every ones opinions are valid – no matter how old or how young.
Activity 1: God is.. El-Shaddai – God Almighty
- Read – Genesis 17:1-8
- Think/Talk about – Is there something tha seems impossible to you? What is it?
- Pray – Read Ephesians 3:20-21 and ask God to help you.
Activity 2: Grace
- Read – Ephesians 2: 8-9
- Think/talk about – Grace means being given something we don’t deserve. Why is god’s grace such a good news?
- Pray – Thank God that through Jesus we can have this wonderful gift.
Activity 3: Prayer – Learning from Paul – that Jesus might be glorified in you.
- Read – 2 Thessalonians 1: 11-12
- Think/talk about – How might we share how amazing Jesus is with our friends?
- Pray – for God’s help to do this.