What are the 7 signs of Jesus in the Gospel of John?
Seven Signs of John
- Week 1: Changing Water Into Wine (John 2:1-11)
- Week 2: Healing the Royal Official’s Son (John 4:46-54)
- Week 3: Healing the paralytic at the pool (John 5:1-18)
- Week 4: Feeding over 5,000 with fish and loaves (John 6:1-14)
- Week 5: Walking on the water (John 6:15-25)
When was the first marriage in the Bible?
The Genesis creation account tells the story of when God instituted marriage. This took place after the creation of the first woman, Eve, from Adam, the first man. The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone.
What does the number 36 mean in the Bible?
The number 36 is twice 18. In gematria (a form of Jewish numerology), the number 18 stands for “life”, because the Hebrew letters that spell chai, meaning “living”, add up to 18. Because 36 = 2×18, it represents “two lives”.
What were Jesus first two miracles?
The Miracles of Jesus
- The raising of the widow’s son.
- The feeding of the 5,000.
- The healing of a paralysed man.
- The stilling of the storm.
- The resurrection.
What are the seven signs of God?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
Why did Jesus perform the signs?
Jesus performed his signs in front of his disciples so that they “may come to believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through believing [they] may have life in his name” (John 20:30-31).