Where in the Bible does it talk about controlling your thoughts?
So his command to control and discipline our own minds and thoughts found in Philippians 4:8 is ultimately doable for every single one of us. Paul says, (NLT) “And now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. FIX YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHAT IS TRUE, AND HONORABLE, AND RIGHT, AND PURE, AND LOVELY , AND ADMIRABLE.
What the Bible says about the power of the mind?
The Bible often talks about the power of the mind and the thoughts that come from it. … Everyone’s minds’ importance is also shown in Philippians 4:6, which says “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:7 NIV).
What does God say about negative thoughts?
The power of God is stronger than ANYTHING and when you use His weapon to fight back those negative thoughts, you will win! Rest on Him, He will get your mind right!
Where do your thoughts come from?
Neurons release brain chemicals, known as neurotransmitters, which generate these electrical signals in neighboring neurons. The electrical signals propagate like a wave to thousands of neurons, which leads to thought formation. One theory explains that thoughts are generated when neurons fire.
How do you keep your mind on God?
10 Ways to Keep Your Mind Stayed on God
- #2: Read the Bible Consistently. …
- #3: Spend Time with God in the Secret Place. …
- #4: Pray in the Spirit Continually. …
- #5: Thank God for Everything. …
- #6: Sing Praise Often. …
- #7: Pray for People as Often as You Can. …
- #8: Spend Time with Born Again Believers. …
- #9: Take Short Breaks to Focus on God.
How can I keep my mind pure?
8 Ways to Give Your Mind a Deep Cleaning
- Be mindful.
- Start writing.
- Put on music.
- Get some sleep.
- Take a walk.
- Tidy up.
- Talk about it.
How do I change my thoughts biblically?
Joshua 1:7-8 is a perfect example of how to change your mindset: 1) be strong and courageous, 2) be careful to obey the Bible, 3) do not turn from the Bible to the left or right, 4) do no let the Book of the Law depart from your mouth, and 5) meditate on the Word of God day and night.
How do you use the power of your thoughts?
How to Use the Power of Thoughts
- Use your imagination to visualize a perfect scene of whatever you want to accomplish.
- Put a lot of detail, color, sound, scent and life into these mental scenes.
- Repeat this visualization often, with attention and the belief that is going to come true.