Why is it important to listen to the word of God?
God promises that we can gain wisdom and understanding when we listen to Him. To listen to God, we must first be open and willing to receive His word. … God also speaks to us through other people. Always be open to hearing God through people who you trust and that you know have a strong relationship with Him.
How do you hear the word of God?
As we look at this story about Samuel, there are six steps which can take some of the mystery out of hearing the voice of God:
- Position yourself close to God. …
- Find a place of regular service to God. …
- Listen for God’s voice. …
- When God calls, respond eagerly. …
- When God speaks, obey Him. …
- Read and study the Word of God.
What does the Bible say about hearing things?
From the cloud a voice is heard: “This is my Son, the Beloved; listen to him!” (Mark 9:7), “This is my Son, the Beloved; with him I am well pleased; listen to him!” (Matthew 17:5), and “This is my Son, my Chosen; listen to him!” (Luke 9:35) After the voice has spoken, the disciples find themselves alone with Jesus.
What does hearing God’s voice mean?
Sometimes it’s a sense of peace or joy that covers your body in a moment of chaos. Sometimes it’s wisdom in a situation. And sometimes God speaks to you for your, for what you’re going through, sometimes He speaks to you for someone else, sometimes He just shares things that He wants you to pray about.
How do you hear God’s voice when making a decision?
Pray in The Spirit
Praying in the spirit means to pray in the holy ghost. Prayer is the ultimate medium to know the mind of God for your life. It is a communication channel where you can talk to God and receive a response. Whenever you want to make a decision, seek the approval of God in the place of prayer.
What are the benefits of hearing God’s voice?
Why is it important to hear the voice of God?
- Get His guidance in the decisions we make.
- Learn about His purpose for us.
- Readily hear His warnings when we get off track.
- Feel His comfort when we are in distress.
- Be used by Him to encourage others.
- Experience his love as He speaks over us.
How do you hear what God is saying to you?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.
What causes a person to hear voices?
Causes of voices
The major factors that contribute to this condition are stress, anxiety, depression, and traumatic experiences. In some cases, there might be environmental and genetic factors that cause such hearing of voices.
What can cause hearing voices?
Why do people hear voices?
- traumatic life experiences, which may be linked to post-traumatic stress disorder.
- stress or worry.
- lack of sleep.
- extreme hunger.
- taking recreational drugs, or as a side-effect of prescribed drugs.
- mental health conditions such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or severe depression.
How do you get rid of evil voices in your head?
Five ways to turn negative self-talk into a productive inner dialogue.
- Recognize your negative thoughts. …
- Look for evidence that your thought is true. …
- Look for the evidence that your thought isn’t true. …
- Reframe your thought into something more realistic. …
- Ask yourself how bad it would be if your thought were true.