Why is it called Good Friday if Jesus was crucified?
So why is it called Good Friday? According to the Bible, the son of God was flogged, ordered to carry the cross on which he would be crucified and then put to death. … Some sources suggest that the day is “good” in that it is holy, or that the phrase is a corruption of “God’s Friday”.
What happened Jesus on Good Friday?
Those who follow the Bible believe that Christ was crucified at Calvary on Good Friday. Accounts of the Gospel state that the son of God was betrayed by Judas, before he was sentenced to death. Christians believe Jesus sacrificed himself to save mankind from sin.
What 3 things happen on Good Friday?
Judas, one of Jesus’ 12 supporters, betrayed Jesus by kissing him, which exposed him to the chief priests.
- 1st Station: Jesus is condemned to death.
- 2nd Station: Jesus carries his cross.
- 3rd Station: Jesus falls the first time.
- 4th Station: Jesus meets his mother.
- 5th Station: Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry his cross.