How does God’s love affect us?
God’s love “affects me because I feel loved, and that makes me love other people,” says Rachel, 9. … “The love of God comes through your spirit and makes you want to treat other people as God would want to treat other people,” says Courtney, 10. “The love that comes from God is everlasting, everywhere and is faithful.”
What is it called when you love God?
agape, Greek agapē, in the New Testament, the fatherly love of God for humans, as well as the human reciprocal love for God. … The term necessarily extends to the love of one’s fellow humans, as the reciprocal love between God and humans is made manifest in one’s unselfish love of others. See also charity.
What does it mean to love God with your mind?
We choose with our mind; we decide to love Him. To “love the Lord thy God with all thy mind” is done when our thoughts dwell on Him; and His holiness, and goodness, and love, and mercy, and beauty… Then we reply to His perfection with prayer, praise, perhaps a song, and worship “in spirit and in truth” (John 4:23).
What are the 3 types of love?
Each love feels totally unique from the other and teaches us something different that shapes the person that we becoming. The three types of love are the first love, the intense love, and the unconditional love. Ahead, we’re breaking down the meaning of each and what you typically learn from each stage of love.
What are the 4 types of love?
The Four Types of Love: Some Are Healthy, Some Are Not
- Eros: erotic, passionate love.
- Philia: love of friends and equals.
- Storge: love of parents for children.
- Agape: love of mankind.
What are the 7 types of love?
7 Distinct Greek Words Describe Different Kinds of Love—Which Have You Experienced?
- Eros: romantic, passionate love. …
- Philia: intimate, authentic friendship. …
- Ludus: playful, flirtatious love. …
- Storge: unconditional, familial love. …
- Philautia: self-love. …
- Pragma: committed, companionate love. …
- Agápe: empathetic, universal love.
How can I train my heart to love God?
I find my love for God growing as I do the following:
- Think about Him. The more I think about Him, the more I fall in love with Him. …
- Tell Him I love Him. When I tell God I love him, I find the words are very true. …
- Spend time in His presence. …
- Choose to do everything out of love for Him.
How do I love God with all my soul?
Loving the Lord with all our “soul” means loving the Lord on good days and on bad days and on all days in between. It means having an eternal love affair with Him because of his extravagant love for us! Loving God with all our life is not a wishy-washy love. It is not controlled by feelings.