Position of the Catholic Church
What Scripture talks about challenges?
Joshua 1:9 Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Deuteronomy 31:6,8 Be strong and bold; have no fear or dread of them, because it is the Lord your God who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you.
What does the Bible say about facing challenges in life?
PSALM 46:1-2 | God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. JOHN 14:27 | “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. . . . So don’t be troubled or afraid.”
What does the Bible say about work challenges?
“Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.” The Good News: Even if you’re lost and don’t know your way out through a difficult situation right now, give it all up to God. Make a promise with him that you will see it through the end, and he will lay a path down for you.
Why does God allow challenges of life?
We don’t even notice the signs He is placing that tells us we are going the wrong way, because we are distracted or overwhelmed by a lot of things. And for Him to get our attention and make us go back to where we should be, God gives us challenges to force us to run and look for the right way out.
Who in the Bible overcame obstacles?
Here are a few examples of Bible characters to be inspired and comforted by in these challenging times.
- JOB. Perhaps no Bible character has suffered more than Job. …
- DAVID. David is a Bible character who is no stranger to hard times. …
- MOSES. Moses is another Bible character who suffered several instances of hard times. …
How can I overcome my spiritual challenges?
Spiritual Growth Challenge: How to Combat Spiritual Dryness
- Step 1: Turn to God and Pray. It may sound obvious, but the answer to any problem is to turn to God. …
- Step 2: Talk to Yourself Rather than Listening to Yourself. …
- Step 3: Keep Up Your Spiritual Disciplines. …
- Step 3: Wait and Expect God to Answer Your Prayers.
What are spiritual challenges?
Spiritual struggles refer to conflicts over spiritual matters with God/Higher Power, within oneself, and with other people. These conflicts generate distressing emotions and questions about one’s spiritual journey in life.
What God says about success?
Joshua 1:8. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
How do you deal with problems biblically?
God’s Word helps us handle conflict in a godly way so He can use it for good:
- Own it. If you’ve messed up, own it. Own it fully because the offense is against a Holy God—don’t explain it away. …
- Speak Truth. If you’ve been hurt, go to the person humbly and talk tothem. Listen to them. …
- Give grace. Be quick to forgive.