What are the 10 commandments of Jesus?
The Ten Commandments are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any gods before Me.” …
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.” …
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.” …
- “Honor thy father and mother.” …
- “Thou shalt not kill.” …
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.” …
- “Thou shalt not steal.”
Where are the 10 Commandments in the New Testament?
The Bible actually contains two complete sets of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 and Deut. 5:6-21).
What are the 10 Commandments in order list?
The ten commandments, in order, are:
- “I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any strange gods before Me.”
- “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
- “Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.”
- “Honor thy father and mother.”
- “Thou shalt not kill.”
- “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
What are the 10 sins in the Bible?
Jesus taught his audience that the outward act of adultery does not happen apart from sins of the heart: “From within people, from their hearts, come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly.
How many commandments of Jesus are there?
Here is what Jesus taught about the second of these things: the commandments as he saw them. In the story, a man asks what must be done to inherit eternal life. In answer, Jesus recites six Commandments, seemingly drawn from the usual Mosaic Ten, except that five are missing, and one against fraud has been added.
What does Jesus mean when he says keep My commandments?
“If you love me keep my commandments” – What did Jesus Christ mean? To always be on the side of Christ, we must obey his laws and walk the way he walked on earth. Before his death of the cross, he instructed the apostles to follow his instructions. His new commandment is “Love.”
What were Jesus final words to his disciples before he ascended into heaven?
Jesus does call all of us to discipleship. … Jesus’ last words to the disciples were recorded in Matt. 28:19-20: “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.