How many miracles did Jesus perform in the Book of Mark?
As Brian Blount helpfully notes in this respect, it is possibly significant that of the first four times Jesus is called a teacher (didaskale), out of a total twelve times in Mark’s Gospel, it is as part of a miracle account (4:38, 5:35; 9:17, 38).
How many miracles are recorded in the Gospel of Matthew?
Matthew put emphasis on the resemblance between Jesus and Moses by listing ten miracles in Matthew 8-9 in comparison to the ten miracles Moses performed, which are described in Exodus 5-12.
What are the 7 miracles Jesus performed?
- Changing water into wine at Cana in John 2:1-11 – “the first of the signs”
- Healing the royal official’s son in Capernaum in John 4:46-54.
- Healing the paralytic at Bethesda in John 5:1-15.
- Feeding the 5000 in John 6:5-14.
- Jesus walking on water in John 6:16-24.
- Healing the man blind from birth in John 9:1-7.
What are the 5 miracles of Jesus?
The Miracles of Jesus
- The raising of the widow’s son.
- The feeding of the 5,000.
- The healing of a paralysed man.
- The stilling of the storm.
- The resurrection.
What is a miracle in the Gospel of Luke?
In Luke 7:11-17, a story of Jesus resurrecting a widow’s dead son is told. Through this miracle story, Luke portrays Jesus as one who can sympathize with humans and as a healer of all things feared.
How many miracles did Elijah perform?
Elisha asked Elijah for twice as much as his spirit; Elijah said it was a difficult request (2 Kgs 2.9). The Midrash says Elijah did eight miracles and Elisha sixteen. I Elisha’s miracles not only double Elijah’s but seem to parallel and multiply them in their themes, elements and language.