How do you pray for someone?
‘ I ask that you put it in my friend’s heart to seek you, so he can find you.” Pray that God brings other people into the lives of your friends who will show and share with them the love of God. God loves using many faces and voices to reveal his goodness to someone.
What God says about praying for others?
James 5:16 – Pray For Others
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”
What does it mean to pray for someone?
pray for someone or something
1. to beseech God, or some other deity, on behalf of someone or something. I will pray for you to recover from your illness quickly. As the fire spread throughout the old church, the congregation prayed for its preservation. 2. to ask God, or some other deity, to grant something.
What is it called when you pray for others?
Intercession or intercessory prayer is the act of praying to a deity or to a saint in heaven on behalf of oneself or others. …
Should you pray for yourself or others?
Self-prayer keeps us aware of our heart and enables us to draw on God as our only source of strength. By praying for ourselves, we can be kept from succumbing to temptation, and be delivered from evil. It is also how we can be filled with God’s spirit, and made wise.
Does the Bible say we should pray for others?
16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
What to say to someone who prays for you?
“I’ll Pray for You”
- It is a comfort that you will be thinking of me.
- That’s reassuring, thanks.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you, it is nice to know that.
- Thank you for your good wishes.
- (smiling) Please do. I’m flattered. ( Marvin)
- Thanks. I appreciate you are keeping me in your thoughts. ( Dustin)
What does I will pray for you mean?
“I’ll pray for you.” … When I say “I’ll pray for you,” what I’m saying is “I love you, I care about you, I want to comfort you in the best way I know how.” For me, prayer is the greatest comfort there is. When I’m sad, when I’m scared, when I’m lonely, when I just need someone to talk to… I pray.